Monday, November 25, 2013

One day at a time

I hear your stories
"eight years ago I decided"
"twelve years ago God saved"
"it's been twenty-nine years since"
and while I can clearly see
God's hand on my life
throughout my many years
living in "Christian Lite" mode,
I can truly only say
"nine months ago I realized"
and then admit
that I am still battling
so much
one day at a time.
Some days I don't feel
I can make it to one year
much less to eight, twelve, or twenty-nine. 
But instead of giving up
I just keep placing one foot
in front of the other,
believing there will be ground
where I set my foot down next
because, 
"He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand." (Psalm 40:2)

He is my strength for today.
Every day.
“My grace is sufficient for you, 
for My power is made perfect 
in your weakness.”  (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I am beginning to realize that struggling with my humanity is not dependent on how well life is going from one moment to the next. Just because I have been blessed abundantly by God, doesn't mean I don't still have issues and flaws and junk in me... I still need His help... daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment