Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I can't ask

I can't ask You
to close the doors
to paths I should avoid
and open the doors
to the paths You have planned for me,
if I am going to stand outside
the open door and ask,
"Are you sure?"
"Did you leave this one open on purpose?"
"Is this a test?"

If I have faith
that You would open and close doors at all
I have to also have faith
that You love me enough
not to lead me astray,
especially when
my greatest desire
is Your will for my life.

If you give me a story,
I will share it.
However You wish.
Wherever You wish.
Whenever You wish.

But I also have to ask You
to please be the One who gives me
the right words
at the right time
to share it with those
who need it the most.

Thank You for giving me a story.
Thank You for being my strength for today.
Thank You for reminding me tonight
that You will also be my strength for tomorrow...
but I don't need
to think about that
until tomorrow.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment