Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fear Rising...

I have prayed over and over for the outcome that I want in the upcoming custody trial. I know that this little girl belongs with her mom and her siblings. I know that we are what is best for her. It hurts me to see the way her dad manipulates her...

So here is my question... as I keep praying for God to do what is right for her in the upcoming custody hearing... I KNOW that what is best is for her to be here. Nobody who knows us questions this.

But I also know that sometimes God allows things to happen that we don't expect... for various reasons that we may never know... What if He decides to let the other lawyer pull the wool over the judge's eyes? What if there is a lesson here I am supposed to learn?

What if, like He did with Job, God allows something awful to happen... regardless of my righteousness in Him... regardless of how far I have come with His help... regardless of how I give Him the glory.

I know that God has not given me a spirit of fear... but how do I get rid of these feelings? How do find my confidence again?

Fifteen days to go...


(Edited...) Wow... how long ago did I post about a peace that passes all understanding? And now I go on and on about not knowing... praying for continued peace... even if God does allow the worst, He will work all things for the good...

Thank you Lord for a little bit of clarity this morning... and a confirmation that sometimes I don't really need to write to get things out... but to just go to sleep and see if things don't look a little brighter in the morning. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment