Saturday, March 14, 2015

Perfect or perfect disaster

While I share my journey with others through writing, this blog started out as and continues to be a blog about accountability. Now more than ever I have nobody to answer to as I make my way through where I am now to where He has called me to be. I've come so far these last two years since I started writing... but I know I have a long way to go. 

Some things recently have been hard to write about, knowing people are reading... but I can't stop, and withdraw into myself again. It is when the only eyes I have on my thoughts are my own, that I'm most susceptible to failing.  

Did you ever have something happen 
that could turn out to be perfect 
or could end up a perfect disaster, 
and you don't know which it will be? 
Maybe that's the way it is with everything 
in life, especially when it comes to relationships.

We never really know, do we?

With all I've been struggling through 
over the last few months, I have to stop 
and wonder if I really have any clue what
is actually going on here. I have been 
so easily blinded in situations like this before.

Can I trust myself to see the truth?

Maybe God is answering some prayers, but
maybe Satan is setting us both up with 
what he knows could be the biggest distraction
either one of us might have at this point.

I guess if I stop writing, we'll know.

Distractions keep me from the Word

and not being in the Word is often 
what keeps me from writing.

Hoping for more, not sure how it will play out. 

God is calling him too, and I don't want to be 
what keeps him from following Him.

Praying for direction, and patience. 

Waiting to see what happens next is the hardest part.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment