Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stand still

Want to ramp up the number
of anxiety attacks you are having?
Simply write a blog post
where you tell others
how God is helping you conquer it.
Yep, it's official...
the devil can read.

A family member's run-in
with a major illness
A daughter who needs
surgery in the coming month
Feeling completely inadequate
at running a business
and not being able
to find qualified help
Being in a new relationship
and working not to fall back
into old, self-defeating patterns
as well as learning to be comfortable
with the new patterns...
and those are just the things
that I don't consider
normal
every day
run of the mill
stressors.

Anxiety makes me
want to do something.
I want to make things better
but without an immediate fix
all my flesh can do
is focus on the source of the stress.

Praying for others works wonders,
but that doesn't leave me stress free.

Thankfully, I know
God is helping me
not backing out
not giving up
not turning away.
I know that
there is nothing for me to do
because
all of my building anxiety
is over battles long ago won
by a God to whom time means nothing.
Even though I haven't
walked through it yet
He has been there and knows
how each story ends.
My deliverer, my comforter, my provider,
in Him will I trust.

I know I don't have the energy or power
to fight these battles on my own,
but I do know Who is.
I am thankful that
He who is in me
is so much greater
than the one who is in the world.



You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 
1 John 4:4

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you. 
2 Chronicles 20:17

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment