Monday, September 1, 2014

Timing


It's amazing how swiftly
the attacks from the enemy
come once you've made up
your mind to do something
you know God wants you to do.

God's timing may be perfect, but Satan's is pretty good too.

I'm not giving up. Just struggling today.
Funny how I always seem to struggle on holidays.
I'm pretty sure I have no emotional attachment to Labor Day.
Yet, here I am.


Added later...
 As soon as I said I had no emotional attachment to Labor Day
     and hit "post" on this blog, I had a flood of memories of parades
          and cook outs and little kids everywhere and adults sitting around
     and talking for hours. Sometimes we just watched the parades
but I remember the years my stepdad pulled the babies in a wagon
     while I walked along side, reminding them to throw the candy
          and not to eat it... Occasionally digging a slobbery still-wrapped
     tootsie roll from a tiny mouth that didn't have the teeth to chew it.

Everything started to fall apart yesterday at church when I heard people talking about their holiday plans. Throw in a few messages in opposition to the promises I'm trying to keep, and you can see how good the enemy's timing really was.

It will get better. Getting homework and housework done today in addition to some other things. I have a busy week ahead and am planning a trip out of state to visit my brother who I rarely see, but talk to often. Praying for God to provide for that trip.

I need to run or bike today. It's been weeks...
could definitely use some of those endorphins right now though.

God is doing wonderful things... but it's still a battle.
There will always be setbacks and bad days and dealing with the consequences of foolish choices. But we all have the ability to choose to see the good in each day.

Joy is a choice.


The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
~Psalms 28:7

1 comment: