Thursday, September 23, 2021

Oops! Where did that year go?

"Oh, wow. That was really cool. I should write about that..."

It's happened many times over the last year, including many times I don't even remember now. 

It's funny how knowing you need to do something and putting it off makes that something even bigger than it actually is in your mind... I know nobody has been hanging on the edge of their seats to find out how my life has been going. But every time I think about this blog I think of all the updates I need to make how I don't know how to make that interesting or readable... so I don't post. 

So, here we go... There have been a lot of ups and downs and ups in every area of our lives. I've had a lot of  'a-ha' moments, things I wanted to share. But I hadn't updated anything, and I kept feeling like I needed to do that first. 

Instead of letting this post fall to the wayside like the last ones did, I'm going to tell you that we have paid off almost all of our debts except for a small portion of my student loans and the house. We are still working on both, but the amazing thing is that Mike and I paid off over $95,000 between October 2019 and March 2021.

In case that doesn't wow you, let me add that's more than our taxable income was last year and it included over $30,000 that I owed the IRS from when I started my business and didn't know how to do taxes (that's a whole lot of interest.) 

Hey, new business owners, if you have employees find an accountant to take care of your monthly and quarterly taxes or, at the very least, a good payroll program that tells you when to pay who. 

Anyway, I'm really thankful that we made the decision to get out of debt when we did. It's the only way we made it through 2020 better than we started. It would have been so easy to take every stimulus check or business grant and find a way to blow it on something cool instead of getting out of debt. 

God has been so faithful through all of this as we've turned to him with decisions and without finances. 

Next I'm going to get my businesses re-situated so that my husband can quit his job and work somewhere else part-time while playing music. My goal is to get him out of his job by the end of 2023. Can I do it on my own? Maybe. But, the story will be better if I let God help. It's amazing what His Grace does for us. 

I have more to share, but that's it for today. 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment