Monday, October 21, 2013

My Prayer

After so many years
of chasing dreams in circles
and finding nothing that
does not end in
pain and disappointment
I have come to realize
that to get anywhere close
to where I want to be in life
Your will must be
the most important thing to me.
And while I have no doubt
that Your way is the best way,
I'm having trouble following the path.
I need you to step in and fight for me.

Why does straight and narrow
feel so dark and winding?
Could You please just
move the clouds
calm the storm
drop some turn by turn
directions in my lap
whatever it takes to keep me
from using the few zaps
of my remaining brain power
to decipher a message
that I will inevitably
second guess.
I need You to step in and fight for me.

I know that sometimes
You choose to calm the storm
and sometimes
You choose to calm the child
But I KNOW You can do both.
I'm not asking for
perfection.
I'm not asking for
everything to go my way.
But continuing to fight
all of these battles
all of the time
is exhausting.
I need You to step in and fight for me.

I'm sure that
others have fought
longer
and harder
and scarier battles...
others have walked
darker
and windier
and steeper paths...
But tonight I don't want to be
stronger
or braver
or better than anyone else.
I just need You to step in and fight for me.

Clear my path,
capture my heart,
tell them they can't have me,
battle in my place,
I need You to step in and fight for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment