Monday, December 16, 2013

Till He appeared


O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear Savior’s birth.

How do I explain to you
what He means to me?
How do I explain
the differences I see
when I look at myself
such a short time
after truly committing
to understand His love?
Someone else did it already.
I’ve heard it a hundred times,
but never really listened...

 Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.
 
I wandered a long time
In my own sin and error
Pining away? You tell me…
 

Sounds pretty familiar, in hindsight.
How could any heart not be broken
that doesn’t truly realize
how much it is worth?

How could anyone who doesn’t see
the kind of sacrifice He made
to spend eternity with them
to make this life worth living
not be slowly wasting away?

That line, those words,
“Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth”
brought tears,
even though 
I’d sung it
     a hundred times before.
          A connection was made.

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

What a thrill hope is.
I’ve been hopeless
just before that tiny shaft of light
pierced through what I saw
and brought me hope
that there was something
besides the darkness
I had confined myself to.

Those of us who
finally see the light
have no reason to continue
sitting in the darkness.

The best thrill of my life.
Exhausted from my struggles
I couldn’t not rejoice
at the new morning
that He brought forth.
 
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born

The world was different that night.
Changed. 
     Forever.
          Just like me
               when my soul felt its worth. 






No comments:

Post a Comment