Saturday, October 18, 2014

Doing better

Doing much better tonight.

I wish is wasn't so difficult
to remember sometimes,
that God is in control.
I wish lots of things had
worked out differently,
but am thankful tonight
that His grace is enough.

God is good, no matter what happens.
He has a plan and it isn't always clear from where I am standing.

When I asked Him to shine through the cracks yesterday,
and focused on letting Him take care of my heart
I started seeing things differently.


None of the circumstances have changed, and if I dwell on it I could still be upset. But if I've learned nothing else over these last several months, it's that God has a better plan than I do. Holding on to that today.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
~Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” 
~Psalm 32:8 (NIV)

“It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” 
~Psalm 118:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment