Saturday, October 2, 2021

Hello from Hawaii

I am so blessed. So many things are happening in my life that I couldn't have imagined 10 years ago.  

I'm on an 8 day hiking trip with 11 other women right now. Up before dawn because my body swears it's 9am and the sun should be shining. I'm in Hawaii though, 5 hours behind my home time zone. four or five of us have ventured out of bed and are milling around. 

I've done some writing already that I'll work on getting posted at some point, but today I just wanted to share and get something posted.

Today I will learn how to snorkel, and tonight I will swim with Manta Rays.

I am so excited to get to know the women who are on this trip with us and to experience so much of the amazing beauty that God has created here.

Here's the sun setting across from where we had our first dinner last night. 
And some of the women in the group at dinner.
Here we drank Kava Tea which is affectionately known as dirt water. Part of Hawaiian culture, it makes your mouth numb and is supposed to be relaxing. I drank all mine, but did not ask for seconds. 



My goal is to write every day on this trip. We'll see how that goes. I miss writing and sharing. I hope to make it an intentional part of this experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment