Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Twelve


We're in a calmer spot now, but I wrote this when we weren't. It's so easy to believe that because everything seems okay, everything is okay. We have to talk to our kids, know their friends, see the things they post online and who they act like they are when they don't know we are watching.


I've seen others go through it at many different ages, but for us, this time, it has been twelve.

We all think it's hard to be a kid when we are twelve.
Now I know it's harder to be a parent.

Twelve

Five miles of ocean below you
and you're only ankle deep
You can fight me all you want,
deny the depths that you can't see.
But I remember the murky waters,
the feel of waves crashing over me,
and I refuse to let you sink.
I refuse to let you sink.

You think your choices affect only you
and that none of them could be wrong.
You believe you've got the whole world figured out.
But you don't even know who you are yet,
No, you don't even know who you are.

Too young to grow up so quickly,
don't understand there's no reverse.
You can fight me all you want,
you can tell me that I'm the worst.
But I remember what youth is like,
though you think you're the first.
And I refuse to sit back and observe
I refuse to sit back and observe.

As much as I love you, He loves you more
and this job that He gave me isn't one I'll ignore.
You believe you've got the whole world figured out.
But you don't even know who you are yet.
No, you don't even know who you are yet.

Beautiful, wonderful, intelligent, amazing,
your smile lights up a room.
Created for something unimaginable now,
a flower I can't wait to watch bloom.

Let Him show you who you are...

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, 
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
~Ephesians 2:10


No comments:

Post a Comment